you don't ever forget the first

, , 1 comment
It's hard to forget something that happened in your life which left such a huge impact on you (both good and bad), whether physically or emotionally (or both). Try as hard as you might, you just can never erase it from your memory; you might misplace the fine details of the event, but you never forget the main gist of it, the one that made it stick forever.

Sometimes it's from the words you've heard, the people you've met, or the things you or someone else did, or any combination of these. Whatever it was, you will always remember it. Do you have such memories? I'm sure you do; we all do.

There are a handful of events that have happened in my life which I would prefer to never have had lingered in my memories till today; and then there are others which are forever etched in my mind and heart, and I never ever wanna lose the thought of them, ever.

I don't want to get into details because they're too overly personal and shall remain mine until future disclosure (if ever). But I just want you to know, that holding on to the bad ones will hurt and it'll do you no good, so learn hard on how to let it go. And for the good ones that you cherish but will never happen again, don't fret, don't cry... Just remember how you felt when those things happened -- take solace in that, because you should be grateful that such a memory existed than none at all... You bet I do.

As for the title, well, the firsts are always the easiest to recall, isn't it? I remember all of mine.